One of the most popular questions I get is: What is the best cheap camera for YouTube videos?
After being a YouTuber for years and going through many different cameras, I know how hard it can be to choose the perfect camera without draining your bank account.
So I created this video of the Top 5 YouTube cameras Under $500 to help you find the best cheap camera for your YouTube videos.
Each of these cameras can record videos in full HD (1080p) which is a must for YouTube videos in 2017 and beyond.
Best Overall YouTube Camera Under $500
Right after the making of my video above, the Panasonic G7 dropped in price so it is now my #1 recommendation for the best YouTube camera under $500.
See my full review of the G7 to find out why I think it’s a perfect camera for YouTubers.
Top 5 Cheap YouTube Cameras
Here’s the original list of cameras featured in the video (sorted by price, lowest to highest)
- Canon Vixia HF R800 (best for complete beginners on a tight budget)
- Sony a5000 (best for beginners on a budget who want a flip-out screen for vlogging)
- Nikon D3400 (best entry-level DSLR for video)
- GoPro Hero5 Black (best for action/outdoor/sports videos)
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (best overall DSLR for beginners)
Are you interested in what I use to create my YouTube videos? Here’s the Kit of all my YouTube gear, from cameras to lenses to microphones to other cool stuff.